It’s been 3 weeks since I launched this blog and I have written about the people who inspired me and then pretty soon realized the mistakes I made as a newbie. And since, I have been thinking quite a bit about what to do next. I went through a few more blogs and observed what they do, thought on my own on what I want India Backpack Motorbike to really be and yet remained as clueless as Team India is currently Down Under. Pondering over Team India’s performance I could not help but notice one similarity between them and this website – the opening has not clicked yet. But despite that I am still remain a huge fan of Sehwag’s style and I thought why not ape Sehwag’s mantra???? See the ball, Hit the Ball! If I hit it and it goes over the ropes, fantastic! However, if it does not I will learn something which is equally fantastic! (No, I won’t even try to use ‘See the ball, Hit the ball’ funda again. To follow that mantra again and again and again is blasphemous for anybody but Sehwag). Little did I know that this two minute reflection on Sehwagology would give me a much needed sense of direction.
Now we already know what Viru does, he always tries to hit and score runs of every ball he faces. Translating that to this blog would mean that I need to create content, content and more content. So I set up action items for the same, starting this week, I will have at least three posts per week which are
- Motorcycling Mondays – when I post stuff about Motorcycling like tips on riding, motorcycle maintenance and similar shebang
- Wandering Wednesdays – I write on travel tips, experiences, places I visited, blah, blah, blah
- Photography Fridays - I create a photo story from my current or past travel & in addition to the above
- Guest post/Interview – At least one every month from a traveler/backpacker/blogger/motorcycling aficionado
And what does attempting to score runs of every ball provide Sehwag with – Fans!!! Everybody loves to watch Sehwag bat! Therefore by doing the above I intend to get the following by 30 June 2012!
- 1000 Fans on my Fanpage on Facebook – I have 40 odd in 3 weeks since I launched.
- 250 Twitter Followers – I have 4 following me currently. This goes up 60 times!
- 500 readers on RSS or subscribed to my Email updates – I have 4 here as well and this needs to be up by 125 times!
Now experienced guys may say (and it’s entirely possible) that the actions taken above and the goals that I have set out to achieve have no relation. True. But neither does that shot off that ball pitched outside off stump that Sehwag hits through covers or square of the wicket has anything to do with his feet movement. I rest my case!
Do you think that I should add a few more in my to do list? Are the targets I set out to achieve too easy or too unrealistic? Leave a comment and let me know.
(With editorial inputs by Jovitha Jasmine)